The only way you can find how I REALLY feel

Check here if you want to see my complaints, problems and solutions...cuz I is one crazy lady...

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Did my momma tell me there would be days....

like this? She probably did, but I probably didn't listen. It was a struggle for me to take the decision that was made this morning. I really wanted to go to Stake Conference this morning. Hubby wanted to watch the soccer game of my third to youngest grandson, TJ...so, we went to the game. I know I feel guilty to have done that, but what do you do when it's a rare occasion that I can see my grandson play ball? I was hoping beyond hope that his games were on Saturday.

As for the rest of the day, I had an interesting occurance,... One of my facebook friends (gamer) was so despondant that she wanted to give up on life. She has a few children and because of some health issues, her ex-husband has taken away her two daughters. It scared me that I would know someone who had given in to her inner demons. I've had bouts with my demons also, especially lately with my health issues. Some days, mixed with boredom and self doubt, I tend to feel depressed to an unexplained level. It makes life difficult sometimes... I just can't explain how it is...I do know without a doubt. that my family, friends and religion are the main things that keep me sane to a point.
I also felt strongly today,. the reality of life itself. I couldn't imagine that someone would voluntarily end their life over any issue, though I do understand my friends point. Without your family, what is there to live for? What can I do with my life if I don't have anything to show for it? Why is this happening to me? These are questions that I am sure are going through her mind tonight. She is scared that she won't ever see her kids again. She is frustrated that she can't do too much to change the situation because he is in a better financial and healthy situation. She feels like she is nothing without her family.

I know of someone else who had to make a decision about his son. He had to decide if he could live or if he should die...It stood hard for me to just imagine how my friend felt. Imagine how Heavenly Father felt when he knew that his one and only begotten son had to die for all mankind. His love rang true to the point that he was willing to sacrifice his son for the sake of the rest of the human world. His son also had to accept the challenge of having his life taken. Even he, at the last minute asked his father to take 'this cup' from me... Knowing full well, that it was God's will, not his that had to be followed.

The rest of us should respect this decision that was made back when Jesus gave his life for us, and his father had to watch as the people tortured his son and nailed him to a cross and let him die. Jesus could have saved himself, but what would that prove? What do you think would have been accomplished if Jesus did save himself? I'm sure that our lives would be for naught. We would have no reason to be here on earth. For the sake of man, God gave his son.

 We know we are blessed beyond measure because of this decision. We won't be punished for the rest of our lives for the sins of our first parents, Adam and Eve. They had just one real choice to make, that was to partake of the forbidden fruit.

Now, my friend has the opportunity to choose what she wants to do with her life. Most of her friends and family know she won't 'give up' and that she will some day realize that her family is eternal. I hope that I am a small cog in the wheel of life that can provide the littlest bit of information to help her to this information.

No comments:

Post a Comment