The only way you can find how I REALLY feel

Check here if you want to see my complaints, problems and solutions...cuz I is one crazy lady...

Monday, May 28, 2012

God Bless America

Today, my husband and I went to the American Legion post 509 here in Fresno, CA... I looked around at all the older and younger gentlemen, (yes I wrote gentlemen) wearing their representation of their services, looking proud and resolute. It was an honor to stand by and sit by them. We had a quick lunch of hotdogs and salads, and small cupcakes with a drink. All free of course as Gary had his Disabled Veteran Hat on. Though no one there knew us they still honored him as a soldier. We left there and came home to the house, they had given us enough food to feed our grandson so we dropped it off to him.
We then headed over to the Veteran's of Foreign Wars and got there early enough to meet some more wonderful veterans. I talked to a couple of them who had fought in Korea to save the south from the north. It also was an honor to meet people out there as well, again they wore their service representation also looking proud. It felt so neat being there and just sharing some of their war stories, maybe a bit embellished, but what the heck! They deserve the observance they received this day, this weekend. The high light of my day was to be able to watch the ceremony of the flags, 21 gun salute and the honor of the two wreaths that were set upon the statue of the gun,boots and hat. I guess I should have taken pictures but I didn't. I felt to proud of these gentlemen and for our country. They did what they had to do to keep us out of harms way.

You know what makes me upset about all this? Tomorrow most people will go back to work and back to school, complaining that the weekend is over. Finals and graduations will be done in the next few weeks and until Labor day in September, the mention of Veteran will not be made. I for one am fortunate to have many family members who were in the service. I am grateful for what they had to endure for our freedom. We must continue to remember and support our Veterans...the ones here that served and the ones that are serving...
May we all keep them in our hearts, minds and prayers...Peace Out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment